- Our anniversary is in two weeks and I am stoked! Augs and I are celebrating by spending the night in Atlantic City in a ridiculously lush suite at Harrah’s. And because he really knows his girl — we’re heading to Ocean City to grab pizza from Mack and Manco’s beforehand. Glorious.
- You know what’s awesome? Coming home to discover make-up and books on your doorstep. Granted, I paid for these goodies and this isn’t the work of generous magical elves or anything, but still. It makes a girl happy. Especially when the books in question are: Love is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss One Song At A Time and Talking To Girls About Duran Duran: One Young Man’s Quest for True Love and a Cooler Haircut — both by Rob Sheffield. (If you liked High Fidelity and have a heart, you will love Love is a Mixtape. Read it immediately and then, come over so we can eat Mexican food and talk about how awesome it is).
- I fell in love with this couch at Macy’s. This honkin’ sectional (really, I should write copy for furniture distributors) with deep seats, the palest green fabric and a leather base.
However, I was a little cautious about buying it as it was a floor model with a wobbly back. About two weeks later, I decide that I’m going to put on my big girl shoes, head back to Macy’s, haggle the price down and come home, the proud owner of a new couch.
Last night, I get to Macy’s and learn that the couch has been sold.
All wasn’t lost, though because not only did I get a free pair of underwear at Victoria’s Secret but I also got Chik-Fil-A. There are few things in this world not made better by cute undies and waffle fries.
- Andrew Breitbart is a douchebag. Actually no. I rescind that comment (Wait. Do I mean ‘refudiate’? No, I don’t. You know why? Because I’m not an idiot). To describe Mr. Breitbart, I am going to bite a line from Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist (It’s one of those movies that grows on you. The first time I saw it, I wasn’t particularly impressed but now — I find myself lingering whenever it’s on HBO). Andrew Breitbart is a, “fistful of assholes.”
- What the what, WordPress? How come posting via email results in me losing half my blog post? Not cool.