A recap of my morning thus far:
- Leave for work late since we had to wait on the snow plows.
- Open front door (located directly underneath a covered awning) and realize two things: 1) The wind blew snow all the way up to our front door. 2) We can’t see the steps leading up to the front door.
- Navigate snow-covered steps and experience life flashing before eyes.
- Scrape snow off car and in doing so, manage to whack myself in the face with a shovel. Granted, the shovel was made of plastic, but still. I whacked myself IN THE FACE with it. No bueno, dudes. No bueno.
- Singalong with Augs to Dave Matthews’ Ants Marching. Discover we don’t know all the words. At all.
- Realize the drive isn’t that bad as long as we take it slow.
- Cross third traffic light and immediately start to question status as first world nation. Road basically looks like the set from John Carpenter’s The Thing.
- Get quasi-stuck in a snow bank. Augs somehow manages to get us unstuck and in doing so, becomes my hero.
- Decide to trek up to the Blue Route.
- Pass by the Philadelphia Pretzel Factory located right next to Starbucks. Do not stop. Do not purchase Americano the size of head and steaming hot soft pretzel. Continue to work.
- Arrive at work. Step into the cold. Immediately lose sensation in extremities.
- Mentally kick self for not purchasing aforementioned coffee and soft pretzel.
- Have started regaining sensation in extremities.
I’ll keep you posted.
Edit: 8:07 p.m.
- Spent a quality chunk of time at the office.
- Try to win tickets to Dave Matthews concert via radio station. Fail.
- Come home to find a delivery from Mark. Discover that I love the smell of lemon sugar.
- Eat pizza, shower, change into a shirt from 2001 and start feeling human again.
- Realize Real Time with Bill Maher is on tonight. Rejoice!
- Make plans with Augs to hit up Shutter Island and Classic Diner tomorrow.
- Day ends up being much better than it started.