I can’t wait to meet you! Your buddy 2009 was pretty cool and we had some good times together, but I’m ready to say goodbye and move on to brighter and better things (don’t tell 2009 I said that. It’ll just give him a complex).
The prospect of meeting you fills me with optimism. Way more than I’ve felt in years past, actually, so that being said, here is a list of Things I’d Like To Accomplish During Our Time Together:
– Travel to more places than just New Jersey, Delaware and Florida. Don’t get me wrong — I dig these places, but it’s a big world and I want to see more of it.
– Spend more time with my sister. She’s my favorite person ever and I seriously miss the hell out of her when she’s not around.
– Read more and actually maintain my GoodReads account.
– Set up a Real World/Road Rules Challenge Fantasy League. I’m not even going to lie — I love that show and think it would be awesome to play in a fantasy league where you get points when someone gets punched, wins a mission or hooks up with their skeezy castmate. Who’s in? Come on — you know Johnny Bananas will rack up some seriously high scores.
– Eat better and cook more. Real food as opposed to processed junk. In addition to eating healthier, I also want to expand my culinary horizons. 2010 is the year I try Morbier cheese. Yes, it smells and sounds like death but what’s life without a little culinary adventure? And on that note….
– Try Animal Style Fries from In-N-Out Burger. I know. I know. Totally kills that whole healthy thing, but everything in moderation, right? Of course, In-N-Out is a West Coast thing so that leads me to my next goal…
– Visit Los Angeles. Well, actually the goal is to move to Los Angeles, but if all I get is a visit — I’ll take it.
– Finish the story I’m writing and work on publishing it.
– Write at least one screenplay with Dan.
– Discover new music. My sister introduced me to Mermaid Avenue — covers of Woody Guthrie songs performed by Wilco and Billy Bragg — and now, I am in love. So much so that I want to play California Stars at my wedding.
– Get a tattoo. OK, so this one has a pretty huge chance of not happening due to my crippling fear of needles, but if I don’t actually get a tattoo — I would like to at least decide what kind of tattoo I want and where it’ll be permanently inked on my body.
– Develop some semblance of aestheticism when it comes to home decor. ‘Cause right now, I’m batting .0000.
– Update my wardrobe so I look less like a high school student and more like a responsible adult.
– Determine some semblance of what I want to do with my life. I want to start writing in a much more professional capacity — blogs other than my own and maybe a little freelancing.
– Blog more and try to be more honest. I’m not gonna lie — the thought of this is mortifying. I mean, having that information out there for anyone to read? Makes me feel all sorts of vulnerable and naked. BUT, I think it’ll help me to be a better, stronger writer.
So, yeah. That’s it.
Anyway, it’s a pleasure to meet you and in the words of The White Stripes, I know we are going to be friends.
Lots of love: