My first impression of 2011 was pretty fantastic. Of course, this might have had something to do with the champagne and gougères I was inhaling, but hey — I’m optimistic and see good things for the upcoming year.
This year, I plan to:
– Eat well. I’m not talking about dieting or becoming a full throttle vegan but eating more real food. Say no to processed hockey puck veggie burgers, drink more water, learn to make Vietnamese iced coffee and soup from scratch and eat more vegetables. But, if I decide to have popcorn and milkshakes for dinner one night — that’s cool too. Life is too short to be regimented.
– Be more vigilant about staying in touch with people. Send more personal emails and care packages. Share books and good music with people who would appreciate them.
– Discover something beautiful or interesting every day. This world is wild, wide and wonderful and I really need to open myself up to it.
– Dress up more and hate my body less. Take risks when it comes to personal style, paint my nails more and resolve to smell like roses.
– Remember that fortune favors the bold and the answers to all of life’s questions can be found in the bars of a Springsteen song.
Here’s to another year of being a lucky bastard.