I know. I know.
Lately, this has become less a blog and more a list of things I love (holy shit). But that makes sense because I’ve always talked in “boy list language” as my boy, Rob Sheffield puts it.
Me and the boys at Championship Vinyl would get along really well…until they realized that I have quasi-terrible taste in music and kicked me out of the store.
Anyway – holy shit, I love:
– Vegan BLTs. OB-sessed. Like I’ve been thinking about them for weeks and if you made me one right now? I might just make out with you.
I went to Darbster a couple of months ago and l prison-ate this:
Bacon purists gonna scoff and haters gonna hate but trust me – this was a pretty legit sandwich.
Oh and in case you’re wondering, prison-eating is basically guarding your meal while simultaneous wolfing it down as if you haven’t eaten in three days.
My sister is coming down for a concert in two weeks and the plan is to make tempeh BLTs with arugula, good multigrain bread, avocado and chipotle mayo. I am so stoked.
Oh my GOD. We could put fried green tomatoes in it!
You know, the fact that I don’t weight 500lbs is nothing short of a goddamn miracle.
– This past weekend, I ate Brussels Sprouts. I went to English State School — the land over overboiled, over-salted vegetables that usually smell like someone’s feet. Brussels Sprouts and cooked cabbage? Yeah, I’ll pass.
But I devoured a shocking amount of pan-crisped Brussels Sprouts with olive oil, lemon and honey.
So to the amazing chefs at Cut 432 in Delray – holy shit, I love you! Who would have thought a vegetarian could eat so well at a steakhouse?
– Goop. My girl gp consistently kills it. Haters back and to the left, to the left. I totally want to hang out with Gwyneth (and her friend Jose Andres) and cook delicious food while Chris Martin plays piano.
There is only one thing that I can think of that would be better — Mindy Kaling’s version of goop for girls who like sparkly things and cheese fries and pop music. I’d wanna hang out with her (and her BFF BJ Novak) and cook something decidedly non-vegan while singing Madonna songs into a whisk microphone.
– You know what’s even better than the Rains of Castamere episode of Game of Thrones? NOT having your soul sucked out of you, Dementor-style. You know what’s even better than that? Retta liveblogging the episode via Twitter.
DEAR CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!! God in heaven. What the FUCK IS HAPPENING??? They just killed have the fucking cast!!!! #GameOfThrones
— Retta (@unfoRETTAble) June 4, 2013
– Clementine Von Radics who is one of my new favorite poets because she writes things like this:
you and I
are not about poems or
other sentimental bullshit
but I have to tell you
even the way
you drink your coffee
knocks me the fuck out.
That’s kinda perfect.